Vietnamese American Youth Orchestras
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vietnamese American Youth Orchestras

Mission:The Vietnamese American Youth Orchestras [VAYO] is a non-profit [501(C)(3)] organization dedicated to providing music, art education and performance opportunities for musically talented Vietnamese Americans.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Dear Friends:
Dear Friends: Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:48 am by Admin

» VAYO's FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Dear Friends: Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:44 am by Admin

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Dear Friends:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Dear Friends: Empty
PostSubject: Dear Friends:   Dear Friends: Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:48 am

It’s touched me when I met a single Viet mother, a nail technician, who has been raising two children by herself, and both of them, son (10) and daughter (7), are taking private piano lessons along with other Viet kids from a 75 years old American teacher.

On May 10, 2008, when I attended the recital at the very teacher’s studio, I was surprised to learn that all performers having the same last name: NGUYEN! The teacher informed me that 95% of his students are Vietnamese.

Subsequently, I’ve shared my ideas with several professionals and business owners, I further discovered that most of people I talked to, either have their own children or their nieces/nephews either playing certain instruments or also study music.

However, there’s not a single center, studio, or a place where our children can explore, nurture and demonstrate their gifted talents. From this very concern, a couple of visionary individuals having passion, knowledge about music, and experience in organizing, teaching, conducting musical programs, orchestras, do want to invite YOU, the concerned parents, business owners, professionals who do recognize the VISION and most importantly, the needs to create a platform, forum, program, where our children will feel belonged and enjoy getting together; first to be children; secondly, the following mission will address the purpose:

Mission: To create a program which cultivates learning, creative, social and motivational skills for all Viet children; at the same token inspires its member to preserve the quality of Vietnamese civilization and cultural heritage through all other artistic activities. The intended program will create opportunities for its member to engage in various ensembles and socialize with a diverse group of highly talented peers from other communities. Our young musicians will also interact with professionals from the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, the Dallas Wind Symphony and other local ensembles.

We do invite your inputs. Shortly, we will get together, brainstorm and jointly decide the best option to create an opportunity for our children. No one but us who care about the well being and future of our very own children!

Please kindly let us know when and where would be the best of our gathering.

I remain,
Bernard Nguyen Dang
(214) 306-1366
Back to top Go down
https://vayo.board-directory.net

Dear Friends:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vietnamese American Youth Orchestras :: Vietnamese Youth Orchestras [VAYO] :: Introduction-
Jump to: